Ardmore Cliff Stroll
Ardmore Cliff stroll is a gorgeous family-friendly stroll in Ardmore County Waterford. Younger youngsters like it. We walked this cliff stroll route with our 3 younger kids. The stroll is steep in locations and has one small part with steps. Harmful sections are fenced off.
- 4km loop, Buggy Pleasant (aside from about 15/20 steps. We carried the buggy up these)
- We parked @cliffhousehotel (attempt to begin early as there will not be many automotive areas)
- Lovely Coastal Views
- Espresso horsebox close to the tip
- It has a highway strolling section- Care required
- Walks previous the spherical tower
Go to Goat Island Seashore after Ardmore Cliff Stroll
Goat Island Seashore It’s close by, such a gorgeous hidden gem with little caves. (The highway down may be very lengthy and slender, I used to be glad I wasn’t driving 🙈🤪)
- Park right here
- Restricted areas
- Very tight entry highway
- Superb little hidden gem of a seashore
Lismore Fort and Gardens
Lismore Fort is so lovely and there may be additionally a playground beside the Carpark. The citadel and grounds charges might be seen right here. Our youngsters beloved exploring the gardens and occasional store treats.
Dromana Gate is a gorgeous Hindu fashion Gothic Gate Lodge. You may park on both aspect of the bridge however be conscious of oncoming visitors whereas strolling throughout it.
That is certainly one of our favorite walks, that we do yearly. Lovely quick flat stroll to the waterfall which can also be buggy Pleasant. Be certain to name in to @crough_coffee earlier than/after for some tasty treats.
- Park right here to stroll right down to Mahon falls (Free)
- Come early on the weekend, that is very busy
- 1.2 km stroll to the bottom of the waterfall
- Buggy friendly- Gravel path
- Have a picnic and dip your toes into the water on the finish
The Waterford Greenway is certainly one of Waterford’s well-known walks and we like it. We’ve walked the entire greenway earlier than we had youngsters. The Greenway is nice for youths that love bikes and scooters, even when you solely do a small part of it. If so, we suggest strolling by way of the tunnel part and exploring all of the fairy doorways.
This can be a prepare experience, nice for youths and really enjoyable. They get just a little map to tick off all of the various things they see alongside the best way, the prepare stops for a couple of minutes at a fairy village the place you keep on the prepare and maintain an eye fixed out for fairies.
- It value us €25 for 3 of us, youngsters below 3 go free
- 10 km prepare experience
- Cease to view the fairy village on the best way
- Carry ear muffs for smaller kids- it is rather loud
Anne Valley Nature and Wildlife Stroll
Anne Valley Wildlife stroll is a gorgeous buggy Pleasant Stroll. We suggest bringing your child’s scooters/bikes. (Grownup bikes not allowed) You may park on both aspect of the walk- Dunhill or Annestown Village. There may be additionally a parking mid-way at Dunhill Fort. You may climb up into the citadel the place you can be greeted with spectacular views.
The Vee Mountain Cross- Bay Lough
Bay Lough on the Knockmealdowns. This can be a Pretty stroll to the lake. You may entry the lake from the highest or backside automotive park. We walked up from the underside automotive park.
- The stroll will not be buggy pleasant
- It’s steep however our 4-year-old daughter walked all of it
- 500m from the automotive park right here
- Superb lake and really quiet
- 1km from this automotive park right here
We beforehand wrote a weblog submit right here on this so you’ll be able to resolve for your self if it will swimsuit your loved ones. We hiked the Knockmealdowns in 2017 after we solely had one little hiker to hold. Like all mountains climb with care, on the summit, there’s a drop to 1 aspect, so if it’s foggy then flip round. Have the right gear, navigation and so forth with you. There may be additionally a piece of highway strolling when you do the loop. The views are superb 🤩