There are 140 Parisian parks, gardens and squares open 24-hours, with an extra 14 open in July and August from 7am till midnight, and 6 extra open when the temperatures spike into “canicule” heatwave ranges. Listed below are the locations you possibly can go to chill off with out resorting to air-conditioning.
Inexperienced Areas Open 24/7 All Yr
Whereas there are technically 140 Parisian “inexperienced areas” which might be open 24/7 year-round, many of those are literally little squares with a couple of planters, perhaps a park bench, and hopefully even a couple of bushes. So not all of them have grass, not to mention lawns the place you possibly can unfold out your blanket underneath the bushes to benefit from the cooler temperatures. They’re often open 24/7 as a result of they merely don’t have any enclosures to “shut” them at dusk, or they’re really simply an space the place the sidewalk is immediately a lot wider, like at road intersections.
Having stated that, a couple of on this checklist are lovable little gardens nearly hidden from view, so it’s value taking a look in your favourite arrondissement to see if there’s one you missed: https://www.paris.fr/lieux/parcs-jardins-et-bois/tous-les-horaires
Park & Gardens Open Till Midnight in Summer season
From July 1st till the primary Sunday in September, these 14 parks, gardens and sq. are open 7am-midnight (with further park safety providers). This corresponds to the time of summer time when many Parisians go away city for trip, so it’s a little bit of a present (like Paris Plage) for individuals who keep within the sizzling, sticky metropolis all summer time.
- Sq. Louis XIII – Place des Vosges (4th) (distinctive closing at 11:15 p.m.)
- Esplanade Gaston Monnerville – Instantly South of Jardin du Luxembourg (sixth)
- Sq. Boucicaut – In entrance of Le Bon Marché (seventh)
- Jardin Villemin – Alongside Canal St Martin (tenth)
- Sq. Emile Cohl – Porte de Vincennes (twelfth)
- Sq. Georges Méliès – Porte de Vincennes (twelfth)
- Jardin de Reuilly – Paul Pernin – On the finish of the Promenade Plantée/Coulée Verte (twelfth)
- Jardin Federica Montseny – Jardin de la Place Louis Armstrong – Off Blvd de l’Hôpital (thirteenth)
- Parc Montsouris – One of many Largest Parks on the Left Financial institution (14th)
- Sq. Ferdinand Bruno – Off Avenue de Maine South of the Cemetery (14th)
- Sainte-Périne Park – Huge park hidden between Hôpital Sainte-Périne and the Seine throughout from André Citroën Park (sixteenth)
- Sq. Louise Michel – in entrance of Sacré Coeur Basilica (18th)
- Buttes-Chaumont Park – One of many largest parks on the Proper Financial institution (nineteenth)
- Sq. Sergeant Aurélie Salel – Simply north of Père Lachaise Cemetery (twentieth)
Further Parks and Gardens Open Throughout Heatwaves
Within the occasion of a canicule (heatwave) or excessive temperatures over a number of days, six further parks and gardens are open till midnight. This can often be introduced on the Metropolis Corridor (Mairie de Paris) web site: https://www.paris.fr/
- Parc Monceau – Giant park on the northern finish of the arrondissement (eighth)
- Sq. Marcel Pagnol – throughout from the Église Saint-Augustin (eighth)
- Sq. Montholon – alongside Rue La Fayette, one of many solely within the district (ninth)
- Georges Brassens Park – Giant park alongside the southern fringe of the town (fifteenth)
- Parc André Citroën – Giant park dealing with the Seine (fifteenth)
- Parc Clichy Batignolles – Martin Luther King – one of many largest parks on the northwest fringe of the town (seventeenth)
These parks are supposed to be open throughout sunlight hours and subsequently have restricted lighting, particularly within the bigger parks — Montsouris, Monceau, Clichy-Batignolles, Brassens, and Buttes Chaumont — which might be additionally locations the place birds and different wildlife want darkness). So deliver a flashlight for those who don’t wish to depend on your cellphone, stick with the paths, and put on sturdy footwear in case you journey on a rock.
It additionally shouldn’t be forgotten that crime occurs in Paris like several massive metropolis with lots of people. And in darkish locations with plenty of hiding locations, you’ll wish to stay vigilant. There are often a lot of households and teams of buddies or individuals strolling their canine at evening within the parks, so that you would possibly get a false sense of safety. I don’t advocate strolling alone in parks at evening except you stick with essentially the most well-lit areas (the signal right here for Parc Montsouris even exhibits which areas to keep away from after darkish, in orange).
Not all gates are open after darkish, both, so you’ll want to look intently on the “Ouverture Nocturne” signal on the fence to see which entrances — and subsequently exits — you should use, and plan your stroll accordingly.
Be aware: Though picnicking is okay, don’t neglect that cup containers of any form aren’t allowed, and alcohol is often not allowed, both. For more information learn “Are you certain the ingesting legal guidelines in France?”