Kenya is a novel African nation, well-known for its safaris and epic shoreline. You possibly can look forward to finding unbelievable wildlife like lions, elephants and giraffes – and plenty of extra!
In case you’re seeking to journey to Kenya, you is likely to be eligible for a Kenya eVisa. The Republic of Kenya has launched a Kenya eVisa system which permits guests to get a Kenya visa on-line with out visiting the Kenyan authorities.
Learn on if you wish to discover out precisely how one can get Kenya eVisa in your subsequent journey to this nice nation in East Africa.
See additionally: Causes to Go to Kenya
Can I get a vacationer visa on arrival in Kenya?
Since 2021, the visa on arrival in Kenya was discontinued, which means that each one international guests who require a visa to go to Kenya want to use for it on-line. Vacationers who had been beforehand eligible for a visa on arrival should now get an eVisa.
All guests should get an eVisa whether or not they’re touring to Kenya by air, sea, or land.
Who’s eligible for a Kenya eVisa?
Residents of any nation listed as a Class 2 can apply for a Kenya eVisa on-line.
Guests beneath Class 1 don’t require a visa to go to Kenya. That is primarily reserved for some close by African nations, choose South American areas, some Caribbean islands and islands in Australasia, not together with Australia or New Zealand.
Class 2 is reserved for guests that may get a Kenya visa on-line. This contains African nations not listed beneath Class 1 and most different nations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. Most nations are eligible to use for a Kenya eVisa beneath this Kenyan visa system.
The nations beneath Class 3 require a referred visa, which means they’ll want to use prematurely. This contains Afghanistan, Armenia, Iraq, North Korea, Lebanon, Libya and different Center Jap nations.
How lengthy does the Kenya eVisa take to course of?
They’re sometimes processed 48 hours after utility and may be legitimate for as much as 3 months from the date of situation. Due to this fact, it’s suggested to not apply too far forward in your journey.
In case you are anxious about processing time, bear in mind to use not less than 1 week earlier than your meant departure date.
What paperwork do you want for a visa for Kenya?
To submit a profitable on-line utility for a Kenya eVisa, it’s essential to put together some paperwork beforehand.
Vacationers wanting to use for a Kenya eVisa should have:
- A scanned colored copy of their biographical web page inside their present, legitimate passport
- Passport-style images for Kenya, to be hooked up to the eVisa.
- You could be required to point out proof of your lodging reservations, a journey itinerary and a return air ticket for a vacationer visa.
- For a enterprise visa, it’s essential to set up a enterprise invitation or legitimate firm registration letter and return an air ticket.
- For a household visa, it’s possible you’ll be required to point out a a call for participation out of your relative, a passport or different identification paperwork out of your host in Kenya, and a return air ticket.
- Suppose you might be touring from a rustic the place Yellow Fever is a well being danger. In that case, it’s essential to present your Yellow Fever certificates to frame officers upon arrival in Kenya to show your vaccination standing.
- You is likely to be required to finish a Kenyan Vacationers Well being Surveillance type on account of COVID-19 rules for air vacationers.
How a lot does a Kenya eVisa value?
The typical Kenya eVisa value for a single entry visa is round $51, which features a $1 service cost and card dealing with charge. It will permit the visa holder to go to Kenya as soon as.
In case you resolve to go for a a number of entry visa, it prices $101 and may be legitimate for as much as 12 months from the date of situation. A 5-year a number of entry visa prices $161.
For a transit visa, the Kenya eVisa value is $21, which features a $1 service cost and card dealing with charge. That is legitimate for anybody needing to connect with one other vacation spot via Kenya for as much as 72 hours and doesn’t apply to anybody with a connecting flight who gained’t depart the airport.
Kenya additionally has a joint East African vacationer visa, explicitly devoted to vacationers touring to or from Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda solely for tourism functions. This distinctive Kenya eVisa value is $101, together with service expenses.
Are you prepared to go to Kenya?
In case you’re on the lookout for an East African journey, Kenya higher be in your bucket checklist. With so many unimaginable sights in Kenya, together with Nairobi, Wasini Island, the numerous stunning seashores and, in fact the primary spotlight, the Masai Mara Nationwide Reserve, you could have many causes to go to.
Bear in mind to ship in your Kenya eVisa utility prematurely to take advantage of your subsequent trip to Kenya!