High 10 Tricks to forestall Ticks or “tick tacks” as our ladies name them 😆
Final 12 months I checked out a really informative dwell chat between @rozannapurcell and @ticktalkireland over on @thehikelife web page all about Ticks, Lyme Illness and what to do should you discovered one on you or your pet.
Our Climbing Tick historical past with Youngsters
I beforehand had by no means come throughout a Tick in all my years of climbing, taking part in sports activities and out of doors actions and I wouldn’t have recognized what to do if I did. Quick ahead a number of months after watching the @ticktalkireland video and each our ladies had a tick on their tummies, at the exact same time 🤢.
Fortunately we had our tick removers, froze the ticks in a zipper lock bag, disinfected the realm and watched out for all of the indicators of Lyme Illness. Thank God, they had been each good and we’ve got by no means come throughout one since 🙏
Footage of the Ticks
Under I’ll share some suggestions and knowledge, however to study extra comply with @ticktalkireland
The image above is the very place the place the ladies acquired the ticks, strolling by way of the lengthy grass, their tops should have lifted and the ticks latched onto their tummies.
What do Ticks appear to be?
Image 2 above reveals the Tick buried headfirst into our child’s tummy 🤢🙈
What to make use of to take away Tick?
The Image reveals the Tick Removers and Repellent Spray that we use. We used the Tick removers to take away the ticks in our child’s tummies and located them very efficient.
The above image reveals #ourlittlehikers repellent bracelet. We discover the bracelet superb and she or he loves sporting it.
Methods to Forestall Ticks on People whereas Climbing
- Use a Repellent Spray. I spray all our climbing boots, baggage and equipment earlier than a Hike.
- When you may put on pants, tuck them into your socks and tuck your t-shirts into your pants too.
- Attempt to keep away from lengthy grass should you can (though they can be in brief grass and woodland areas)
- Attempt strolling within the centre of the woodland paths
- When attainable, attempt to sit in your climbing bag, pad, blanket (shake it out afterwards) or a stone when having picnics.
- Do a fast Tick Verify earlier than moving into the automobile to go house.
- In case you discover a tick, don’t panic, use your tick remover (we hold ours in a zipper lock bag in our 1st assist equipment in our Climbing bag)
- Take away the tick with the tick remover by getting near the pores and skin the place the pinnacle is connected and easily pull in an upwards course, then disinfectant the realm and your fingers.
- Place the tick in a ziplock bag and write the identify of the particular person, date and site on the bag and put it into your freezer whenever you get house. By placing the tick in a zipper lock bag within the freezer it could assist quite a bit should you begin to develop any signs within the coming days like flu signs or generally not at all times a rash can seem or a bulls-eye rash. If this occurs name your Physician and they’ll do blood exams, check the frozen tick for any ailments like Lyme Illness and perhaps offer you antibiotics and so forth.
- Get a bathe whenever you’re house out of your hike and do a greater tick verify. Ensure to verify the next locations
- legs, ankles
- behind the knees
- across the waistline, bellybutton
- Again of neck, hairline, inside and behind the ears.
Verify your Canines for Ticks
Additionally, you’ll want to verify your animals too.
I’m no knowledgeable in Ticks, so to study extra or if in case you have any questions take a look at @ticktalkireland